Photography and Editing: Done by me
I travelled to Bali in June 2017 for a week (as you must have known from my Instagram series – #TheGlitterCrumbTravelDiaries) with my parents and both my sisters. I literally did nothing, relaxed, spent a lot of time at the beach, shopped at some of the cutest boutiques, and ate at some of the best places. I fell in love with every little thing that came my way while we explored this stunning island ❤
This is the first time I’ve been there, it was so much fun and beyond beautiful, so here is a super quick roundup on what to do in Bali.
Where to stay –
- If you want to experience authentic Balinese luxury, Four Seasons and Ayana is a beautiful resort nestled right on the ocean front!
- Our trip was very last minute and everything was all booked so for a few nights we stayed at Sheraton Bali Kuta which was the perfect luxurious beach front resort overlooking Kuta beach and it was right near Beach walk Bali, a mall you’d want to be close to for a few days. For the last few days we then stayed at Peppers, a villa only resort amongst lush gardens, lotus ponds located in Balis southern coast and it was simply perfect for a tropical retreat.
What to see –
- If you really want to explore the island, you must go see the Uluwatu Balinese sea temple, it’s one of the six key spiritual temples and it’s beautiful. Avoid going late in the day because it’s far away and once it gets dark you won’t be able to enjoy the view!
- If you’re the adventurous sort of person (unlike me) you MUST go for the Mount Batur overnight/sunrise trek to see a stunning view of Bali from atop an active volcano in Batur village. Both my sisters went for it and they had the best time.
- I really enjoy seeing waterfalls and if you do too, Tegenungan waterfall is in a beautiful lush jungle with several cafés nearby. I only saw this one since they were all really far away, but there are many more such as Aling-Aling.
- If you love relaxing, spending time on the beach and doing water sports you should go to Nusa Dua water sports. My sisters and I did parasailing and they later also went for the ocean walk and it was an amazing experience and so much fun! We also went to the Seminyak and Jimbaran beach and it was stunning!
Where to shop –
- To get all of your retail therapy under one roof and in the best atmosphere with stores like Marks & Spencer, Zara, Bershka you should go to Beach walk Bali and Discovery mall.
- If you want to get an authentic and traditional Balinese market experience you must go to Ubud market and Jin Oberoi road where there are cute boutiques offering you a variety of things like art pieces, beautiful home décor (I was majorly lusting on everything), accessories and many more things. I strongly suggest you should go have a look!
- You must also have a look at Milos Bali, a brand inspired by Balinese handcrafts that later developed their signature Batik collection and stunning lace and linen wear and they also have beautiful scarfs that I loved. Jean-Francois Fichot (JFF) Bali also has some fine silver jewelry and homeware that you should go have a look at!
Where to eat –
- For some yum European cuisine (mouth watering crispy pizza and yum deserts) go to Ku De Ta and Potato Head Beach Club, Seminyak. They both face the beach so I suggest you go for lunch to one to enjoy the experience during the day, and early dinner to the other to see the night life there and the most beautiful sunset.
- For a quick meal and finger food you should try Rock Bar at Ayana resort, Woo Bar at the W Retreat and Spa and Radisson Blu Bali.
- Asian is really good at Metis, Seminyak and a must try!
- We also ate quite a lot at the resorts we were staying in (both Sheraton Bali Kuta and Peppers) and it was so good and we also cooked quite alot of Indian ourselves in our villa which was beyond satisfying and so much fun!
This was almost everything we did when we visited Bali this year and I had such a fun time! Hope you do too! Here are a few photographs that I took for you to see ❤
Have a look! Happy viewing 🙂
Exciting new posts coming soon! And I would love feedback!
Until next time,
THE GLITTER CRUMB