Photography and Editing: Done by me
I travelled to Dubai in May 2016 for 8 days (as you must have known from my Instagram series – #TheGlitterCrumbTravelDiaries) with my mum and elder sister, and I’m still going through major withdrawal symptoms. It felt so good to be disconnected from the world, do simply nothing and relax, shop and eat at some of the best places and fall in love with every little thing that came my way while we explored the city ❤
This is the third time I’ve been there, but it was one of my best trips to Dubai so far and so here is a super quick roundup on what to do in Dubai.
Where to stay –
- If you want to be close to Dubai mall (which trust me, you do), Sofitel and The Address at Downtown Dubai, are the best options with great service and yum food!
- Or if you’re a water baby and love water parks, rides, beaches, swimming with dolphins and want to be away from the city, Atlantis is the place for you! But I suggest you go there when it’s off season, because otherwise it’s so crowded and you won’t have fun at all!
What to see –
- If you really want to explore the city, you must go for a desert safari, go to atop Burj Khalifa (avoid going at night) and The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence, its beautiful!
Where to shop –
- To get all of your retail therapy under one roof, and in the best atmosphere with luxury stores, shop at Dubai Mall (which will take you more than a day to finish, it’s crazy), Mall of the Emirates and City Center to get some good deals.
- If you want to shop for some Indian stuff or perfumes and electronics (which btw are original, don’t worry!) at super discounted prices you must go to Meena Bazaar.
Where to eat –
- For some yum lebanese eat at Reem Al Bawadi at Downtown Dubai and sit outside to enjoy the experience.
- For italian go to Eataly at Dubai mall, and Emporio Armani Caffè at Mall of the Emirates for some mouth watering crispy pizza (don’t miss this!).
- Chinese is really good at Social House at Dubai Mall for a quick meal.
- To eat Peruvian food you have to go to Coya at Four Seasons Dubai, its so good and a must try.
- For thai food go to Pai Thai at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah. Cute little boats take you to the restaurant (the whole feel is so beautiful and pretty), and before or after eating you can also check out the Egyptian Bazaar. Trust me you don’t want to miss this!
- We ate Indian at the hotel we were staying in and it was beyond good and so satisfying.
- Lastly, if you have a sweet tooth just like me, don’t forget to try Lola’s Cupcakes at Dubai Mall!
This was almost everything we did when we visited Dubai this year and I had such a fun time! Hope you do too! Here are a few photographs that I took for you to see ❤
Have a look! Happy viewing 🙂
Exciting new posts coming soon! And I would love feedback!
Until next time,
THE GLITTER CRUMB