Photography and Editing: Done by me
I travelled to Pondicherry in January 2017 for 3 days (as you must have known from my Instagram series – #TheGlitterCrumbTravelDiaries) with my family and it was amazing so here is a super quick roundup on what to do there –
Where to stay –
- If you want to be close to the beach, some of the best eateries and away from the hustle-bustle, Le Pondy is a beautiful resort with cute little villas and the best option for you!
- On our way back to the airport we stopped at ITC Chola Grand which is in Chennai and it’s stunning but since we had a flight to catch and not enough days we didn’t stay there, but if you do, you really should!
What to see –
- If you really want to explore the place, you must stop at Mahabalipuram on the way to Pondicherry, go see the Golden Globe at Auroville (the walk is really nice), go to Aurobindo Ashram, Manakula Ganesh Temple, French Town and you can’t miss either of these beaches – Promenade and Paradise!
Where to shop –
- There’s not much to shop, but we went to Kalki boutique, and various exhibitions that were taking place then for some beautiful candles and stunning ceramic homeware products with intricate detailing.
Where to eat –
- For italian you must try Cafe Xtasi and Tantos Pizzeria.
- Continental and Indian is good at Villa Shanti with a really pretty ambience and you can also try Surguru.
- If you have a sweet tooth just like me you must go to Bakers Street and for amazing filter coffee and paniyaram you should go to KBS Coffee Bar.
This was almost everything we did when we visited Pondicherry this year and I had such a fun time! Hope you do too! Here are a few photographs that I took for you to see ❤
Have a look! Happy viewing 🙂
Exciting new posts coming soon! And I would love feedback!
Until next time,
THE GLITTER CRUMB